Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Self-Portrait Digital Scrapbook page



Hi there! I know it has been awhile, but I have been busy, honest...

This is my newest scrapbook page for the Art Journal Caravan 2011 with Tangie Baxter.
It is my self-portrait for the project. Tangie is going to collect pages from all the people in the 2011 Art Journal Caravan that participate and make them into a book. Now that is exciting, don't you think? I used many digital elements here and I will list them so everybody gets the credit they deserve.
CottageArts: background paper
Tangie Baxter: paper doll elements, butterflies, elephant, flowers, leaf set, "enjoy the journey"
Flergs (Scrapbookgraphics): string
Loriem-(Scrapbookgraphics): bird 
Shabby Miss Jenn designs (Scrapbookgraphics): paint tube

I had a lot of fun putting this page together and again, I had to do some fancy work in Photoshop CS4. I made the shadows for the paper doll and the paint tube in this program. I had to copy the items and color them a shadowy color then warp them. It really is quite easy once you've done it once or twice.

I posted this page on Scrapbookgraphics in the Art Journal Caravan gallery which you can not get to unless you are a member. So, I will post here some of the comments I already received on this page:

sbpoet said: "musical arms!"

tarthur said: A really FUN layout!  Love your text treatament, and the shadow is great! (i agree, birds are nice, too)"

sparklyduck75 said:  "You used the flip-top head!  And put your face on it!  I love it!!!  :D"

Tangie Baxter said: "oh love your "you art doll" and the way you did the rotating jouranling text! (I loved the addition of the tiny little flying elephant too ;)) Wonderful, so glad you participated!"

and
Cynthia said: "What a cool self-portrait!! Love the way you journaled and the elephant on top is the perfect, quirky touch!"

I hope you all enjoy this post! Thanks for looking. I need to ask a favor of anyone who reads my blog, please refer my blog to others that you think would enjoy reading or looking at it. I need to "get my name out there, in the world," and maybe, just maybe, someone might need my artist skills and offer me MONEY! Yeah, with your help, it might work! I would greatly appreciate any and all efforts on my behalf....THANKS

No comments: