Monday, August 15, 2011

Being Happy


You know that I love clouds.
 Now aren't these beautiful?
 I took this picture while my son was driving us to the lovely town of Buffalo, Minnesota. These are big fluffy, white, clouds. I just love them. They remind me of soft cotton balls, all soft and "warm."
 I don't know why I associate fluffy and soft with warm but I do. I also associate these characteristics with a warm, loving feeling. I love fluffy, soft animals too. Bunnies, kittens, puppies, and teddy bears.
 I had a teddy bear when I was young so that is probably why I connect these things.

Comforting
love
warm
happy


I think of quilts too when I think of comforting.
 I make quilts.
 I love to piece together the top of the quilt. When I am done quilting all the layers together I like to cover up in it and "feel" the quilted fabric.
 It is very pleasing to touch.

 Does that mean that I am a tactile learner? (Learn by touch?) I am also very visual (seeing). I don't learn as well by lecture (hearing).

I hope this doesn't sound too weird.

 I am sharing these things as part of my journey into discovering what makes me happy for my Life's Lesson project.

It is very interesting to do this project and I am only on the second topic. It is a self-discovery journey like the Art Journal Caravan project I am doing with Tangie Baxter on Scrapbookgraphics.
 I am posting my scrapbook pages every so often here on my blog.

My ART Journal Caravan topics are verbs.
 It has also been an interesting journey.

My Life's Lessons topics are "Be (insert word)" I guess these can be verbs too. I am enjoying the journey.


No comments: