Monday, October 10, 2011

A Blue ATC



Happiness-that's what the chinese symbol means on this ATC card. I had the hardest time finishing this card and still I'm not satisfied with how it looks. I was making a wedding card with these butterflies and decided to add them to this ATC so I could be done with it. It is the last one in my series of color. I posted three other cards for this group previously on my blog.
You can see them here, and here, and here.

I wanted to talk about color in association with these ATC cards. I used blue here, yellow, red, and green previous. Color is very important in art. It implies a feeling usually, thus an emotion. The emotion that the artist feels is not always the same as the observer, thus art is interpretive.

 I probably chose unwisely when I used blue for happiness, blue usually implies sadness....But when I look at the blue sky and the "blue" water in a lake, I feel happy. I love the color blue, it is very comforting, it goes with most anything (clothes), and looks good on almost anyone. So, blue doesn't always mean sadness to me. What makes you happy?

I will be moving my ATC cards to my other blog at
so if you want to see more of them, that's where they will be.
I have other cards and stuff on that blog too!

1 comment:

Joan Ervin said...

Very pretty...love the colors and all the pretty details you added!!!