Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring canvas


Well, I've been working at the tax office and not getting much done at home, including my art. I finally got this done to my satisfaction but it took a long time. This is the first of my four seasons canvases that I am working on. I plan to make the next one when summer gets closer. I will hang these on a wall in my home where I can enjoy them everyday. I have to pick a spot large enough to fit all four so I can hang each one when I've completed them. 


I had to do some color manipulation in Photoshop to make this look a little more pink. The lightness of the pink I used doesn't really show up well in the picture. Here is a close up of the flowers. 


I painted the canvas with gesso, then a variety of pink acrylics. I collaged some papers onto the canvas and added some more paint. I made all these flowers and wanted to use as many as I could get away with. I know that roses don't bloom in spring but many other flowers do. I like the way these turned out. I got out my collection of pink ribbons and also added many different ones to this piece as you can see below. 


I painted some chipboard letters and added some texture to them. I really enjoyed making this and I can't wait to be inspired on my "summer" canvas. 

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. I hope you leave a comment, I would appreciate it very much. 
I am going to enter this into the following blogs/challenges:




9 comments:

Anna Jo said...

Such a pretty canvas! I have a penchant for floral and warm shades of pink :)

Found you through the Artists in Blogland!

http://bobbedcurls.blogspot.com/

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

very nice canvas ! the 4 seasons may make an awesome wall !
happy S&TS !

Anonymous said...

I want to hang out in your idea of Spring. Quite lovely. What a fantastic space it will be with all your canvases in one place. Xox

Mrs A. said...

What a lovely idea to make 4 canvases for the seasons. Your roses are absolutely beautiful. The colours are perfect. They look real.
Thanks for stopping by my blog from MIM the other day. Hugs Mrs A.

Lynn said...

i love the very idea of this. It's beautiful.

Light and Voices said...

The butterfly and pink background is perfect. I like the lettering used also. Artist Extraordinaire!
JM Illinois

Weird Amy said...

Great background! And your roses are AMAZING! I love the dimension of it...you make me want to go hog wild on a canvas now! I will have to see if I can find a tutorial for those pretty roses. I found you via the creative every day site.

Lisa Minckler said...

Your canvas for spring is radiant! I love the variations of pink on here and the floral arrangement is GORGEOUS!
Thank you so much for your visit and kind words too. :)

Paulette said...

Your cards are beautiful.Thank you for stopping by my blog!