Monday, January 7, 2013

Fall Fearless and Fly challenge #7

There is a new challenge at Fall, Fearless and Fly which follows. 



Headline Prompt: Future imperfect: What is different about your life now than what you once expected it to be? How is the way it turned out perfect or imperfect. If your future turns out differently than you imagined in the first prompt, could it still be perfect? 

Color Prompt: Yellow

Quote Prompt: "Existence really is an imperfect tense that never becomes a present." Friedrich Nietsche

Here is the example posted on the site by Joanne Sharpe:



Go here to visit the site


Here is what I did:




Okay, this is what I mean by "Imperfection really is perfect." Our lives are full of challenges. We deal with our challenges by making choices. Those choices are what can make us better people/more perfect or we can stay the same or regress (go backwards). So, if we didn't have imperfections we could never become better or more perfect. The question is whether one wants to become perfect or not. Or in other words- whether one wants to be a person that continually grows and becomes more kind, loving, and compassionate, serving, friendly, etc. The kind of person that possesses charity. My life is not perfect. My challenges help me in so many ways, and sometimes I can't seem to accept them, but eventually I grow to appreciate them and learn to be a stronger, better, person. 

This explanation does not do my feelings justice. It is always hard to put into words what I feel. I've tried, please make allowances for my imperfections. 

Thanks for visiting!

I'm posting this art journal page to the following:
Fall Fearless and Fly challenge #7
Paint Party Friday

6 comments:

Joanna said...

Hello Shari, I understand JUST what you mean! Sweet Art Journal page, perfect for the FF&F themes this week :)

K J D said...

I think you put it into words really well.... I know exactly what you mean!

Your artwork is beautiful.... I love the frame effect.

Karen x

sharon said...

Hello Shari, I also understand perfectly what you said, it is so true. thanks for visiting.

Joan Ervin said...

Your creation is beautiful, Shari...I love all the flowers and the yellow is such a happy, positive color!!! I couldn't agree with you more...the only way to grow is to learn from our mistakes and go on. You expressed it beautifully!!!

Kay Miller said...

What gorgeous inspiration and your take is stunning! Beautiful work!

Carolyn Dube said...

You are so right that imperfect is perfect. The words escape me all the time- but the art says it eloquently here! I love your use of clusters and that bright happy yellow!