Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Sketchbook Project Cover


A path through the trees....

This is the cover to my sketchbook for the sketchbook project 2012 World Tour. (I think I said it was 2011 but it isn't, it is going to be on tour in 2012). 

I am basically drawing my images in pencil and going over them in black pen/markers. The theme I chose is "a path through the trees."

We have the freedom to interpret the theme any way we like. I have interpreted it my way of course, which is sort of realistic with a fantasy twist. You will see my pages as I finish them but not necessarily in order. In the right order they make up a sort of story. I say sort of because I haven't really put it all together yet. I am just drawing what I think I might come across if I take a path through the trees...
Let me know what you think, I would love to hear your comments.
If you go to the web site of the Sketchbook Project there are other books that have been done in previous years and there are so many awesome works of art! I have looked at only a handful and I am so impressed with the imagination and expressions of art from so many gifted artists.

 It is amazing!



No comments: