Saturday, June 18, 2011

A New Beginning

Hi, I am starting a new blog today. I don't know why but I feel compelled to write and share my thoughts with people. I also like to share my artwork which will be coming along soon in future posts. I know, you are all awaiting with anticipation...what is she going to show us...awww, I can't wait to see....
Well, it's going to be wonderful, and fantastic, at least that's what my mom would say, so ......
I guess I better get going on some kind of project so I can post it. Or maybe I could finish something I already started some time ago...(it's been awhile since I even looked at my projects, I hope I can find something interesting and also worth finishing!) I could also give them as gifts, right? (Isn't that what everyone does to those projects that aren't quite what they thought they would be?) I guess I will find out once I get into my project box.
Just so you know, I do like to quilt, and sew. I also like to get my fingers dirty, hence the name of my blog. But, as I was saying, I like to get my finger dirty with ink, paint, chalk, graphite, and all kinds of art stuff. I draw, paint, make cards, create scrapbook pages, and dabble in many other arts and crafts projects if I have the inclination to do so. Oh, and I also like to take photographs, you know, pictures. I have a digital camera and the beauty of God's creations are just irresistable. I also have grandkids that are so much fun to have around.
Speaking of grandchildren, it is my opinion that grandchildren are the reward of raising your own children. It is a tough job to be a parent and when those grandchildren come along, it suddenly becomes joyful. Yes, raising your own children is very rewarding and as a parent I did feel joy with my own kids, but I never knew that my grandchildren would tug at my heartstrings so much!
Well, this is getting awfully long, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't even get all the way through this, so until next time.....

4 comments:

Valora said...

I'm looking forward to your art and anything else you post with great anticipation! Good job! You're doing it!

Pam Benson said...

I always enjoy looking at what people I know want to share about themselves, this should be fun.

Shauna and Doug's Gang said...

Creating is joy :)

Anonymous said...

you are a very good writer add writing a book to the list!mona