Friday, June 14, 2013

Art Journaling a "Shari" Art Girl







Oh, I had so much fun making this journal page! It was so much fun to mess it up with paints, texture, and stamps. I also used rub-ons and lots of Modge Podge. (is that what it is?) I posted many pictures so you could get up close to see what I did. I'm working on my next one. I know I go slow but at least I am doing something, I tell myself. 





Upper left corner


More upper left corner


Upper right corner


Lower right corner


Lower left corner

I made this page on a mixed media weight paper. I'm not sure of the exact weight but it is heavy enough to take wet media like paint or paint sprays. I used Gesso on it first then my colors, etc. I used acrylic paints and some common tools to make the textures. One thing I used was bubble wrap. I love the look. The girl has boots on -which are probably too big, but what the heck! I like 'em! They are made from Burlap.  I took a class from Christy Tomlinson who does the She Art Girls. It is really fun.  She has a Mixed Media Shop called Scarlet Lime, which is great. She has video's on the site and other workshops that one can take to learn how she does her thing. I wish I had time to take them all. 

As always, thanks for visiting! I would love a comment on this if you can leave one. Please come again!

I am posting it on the following blogs:


*I had to change the name of this post because of copyright laws. "She Art Girl" is copyrighted for Christy Tomlinson. Sorry!

10 comments:

sharon said...

Love it, the toch of gold makes the whole page sing.

Leovi said...

Yes, That beauty ... I like this creation with an interesting color combination. Enchanting!

Mary Brack said...

Your background is awesome! I love all the different textures you used!

Anonymous said...

Love your girl, she has so much fantastic layering and depth....Thanks for your visit and sweet comments, I will be back...xox

Mary C. Nasser said...

Love it!
Great message within the work!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Faye said...

Shari, the colors and forms on the mixed media page are so beautiful. Great post.

Ivy said...

Love your SheArt girl, the colors are gorgeous. HPPF!

Tracey FK said...

This is a lovely piece of work and I enjoyed your blog... glad to have found you... happy PPF

lorik said...

Love the complicated layers and textures - and of course the beautiful warm colour! Thanks for visiting:)

Monique said...

Beautiful, I love all the layers in page. The colors are stunning and the little flowers and butterflies are so sweet. Gorgeous texture as well.
xx