Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A 4x6 exchange


This is a 4x6 card that I made for an exchange. There are some fortunes from fortune cookies that I put on it.  One of them says
 "Your courage is like a kite, big wind raises it higher."

The other one says, "It is always best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it."

I have found that I like using "sayings" on my art. I also like affirmations, and positive statements. I've decided that I will try to use more of them on my artwork. I also love using waterbased inks in spray bottles. I love to combine the colors on paper and or canvas. It is pretty messy, but I like getting my fingers dirty.  I've also started using acrylics paints on my backgrounds. The more time I have to create, the more I get to experiment. I am excited to have tax season over and to have a little more time to produce some artwork. It is really hard to "not create," when all I can think about is what I am going to do next. I get inspiration from everywhere. I am really fasinated by colors and the combinations of colors in clothing, pictures, nature, etc. Right now, as you can tell, I am using a lot of bright colors. I want to create the feeling of happiness, and warmth. Bright colors are related to summer, which is mostly warm or hot. I also love pastel colors but have not used them much in my background pages as yet. I am so ready for winter to be over! Yes, it is spring, that's a start....

No comments: